One of the tasks I have to do in my job is the mindless configuration of new devices that have no mass configuration tools. The only way to configure these devices is using their webpage. In previous years, I used a web automation tool called Badboy (http://www.badboy.com.au/) to do those configurations but Badboy hasn't been updated in years and I've been having more and more issues with it not being able to manipulate the webpage on newer devices. I was wondering if anyone else was in my situation and what tools they use to handle the tasks. For example, this year I have configured 30-40 different types of devices, each of which I had to configure about 30 to 50 units of. Above the time waste, if I miss a setting, it causes bigger issues down the line.
1) Must be free or decently cheap ($0 to $200)
2) Must be able to handle web pop-up password dialogs (for some reason, this is a bigger problem than I thought)
3) Must NOT use Chrome's engine, IE preferred (I had 5 devices that won't work with Chrome for some reason, a few are actually IE only)
4) Must have the ability to record and playback (I don't mind making minor changes in a scripting language, but it would be hard to write all of the scripts from scratch)
5) Must be able to run in Windows
6) Must be able to be used by a non-developer
I would greatly prefer to have something that manipulates the webpage directly and not something like Sikuli Script that looks for buttons and text boxes at a visual level.
Thanks in advance for the help!